- A Gerund is an "active verbal noun"
- It is formed from the neuter artcile + infinitive
e.g. running = "the act of running"
nom: το τρεχειν -
acc: το τρεχειν -
gen: του τρεχειν -
dat: τῳ τρεχειν-
- a Gerundive is a "passive verbal adjective"
- Gerundives contain the ideal of "neccessity"
e.g. τα γραματα μαθητεα ἐστιν - the letters must be learnt
- to specify who or what does teh action, use the "DATIVE"
e.g. αἱ ἐπιστολαι πεμτεαι εἰσιν σοι - the letters are needing to be sent by you: i.e. "you must send the letters"
- the person who must act is in the "DATIVE"